Lavinia House was established in 1877 to shelter “fallen women”. However, a gradual transition took place towards the protection of underprivileged girls. It was amalgamated with the East India Charitable Trust in 1950.
Managing Committee Members
|Sr. Louisa||Hony. Treasurer|
|Mrs. D. Ghosh|
Lavinia House is presently a Boarding School for 135 girls from families with limited income, and is run by the Sisters of St Joseph of Cluny. Apart from providing education, Lavinia House also provides vocational training to the girls after they complete their formal school education.