The EICT Nursery was started in 1950 by the Women’s Voluntary Service (Bengal) and it provides education to children from families with limited income. There are also children from among pavement dwellers who are given highly subsidized facilities. At present there are a total of 114 children in the Nursery.
Managing Committee Members
|Mr. Ian Myers||Chairperson|
|Mr. Tarun Chatterjee||Vice Chairman|
|Mr. Bahadur Postwalla||Hony. Treasurer|
|Mr. Shamir Banerjee|
|Mr. Melvyn Brown|
|Ms. Philomena Eaton|
|Mr. Barry O’Brien||Ex Officio|
|Mr. Carlisle Murray||Ex Officio|
There is also a Sewing Centre where the mothers of the children are taught sewing and needlework. The articles produced by them are sold and part of the proceeds goes towards the maintenance of the Nursery.